Greenwood Friends School teaches children to think critically, creatively, and compassionately. The school provides a challenging and supportive academic environment, guided by the Quaker principles of peace, integrity, equality, community, simplicity, and stewardship.
Greenwood Friends School implements its mission in the following ways:
- We nurture a child’s natural curiosity and encourage students to “learn how to learn.”
- Instruction is student-centric, acknowledging each child’s learning style, abilities, and rate of development.
- Flexible classroom groupings allow children to progress in each subject at their own level of ability
- We believe that children reach their highest potential through hands-on and investigative activities that are relevant to tehir lives.
- Students are challenged to recognize and value their own potential and to appreciate the potential of others.
- We strive to help children build a strong self-image and to be their own advocate.
- We value a diverse school community in which students work cooperatively
- We reach out to embrace the local and global communities believing that each person can make a difference in the world.
- Meeting for Worship encourages spiritual and personal growth in a centered atmosphere.
Greenwood Friends School accepts children without regard to race, gender sexual orientation, economic, social or religious background.