Greenwood Friends School teaches children to think critically, creatively, and compassionately. The school provides a challenging and supportive academic environment, guided by the Quaker principles of peace, integrity, equality, community, simplicity, and stewardship.
Greenwood Friends School implements its mission in the following ways:
- We nurture a child’s natural curiosity and encourage students to “learn how to learn.”
- Instruction is student-centric, acknowledging each child’s learning style, abilities, and rate of development.
- Flexible classroom groupings allow children to progress in each subject at their own level of ability
- We believe that children reach their highest potential through hands-on and investigative activities that are relevant to tehir lives.
- Students are challenged to recognize and value their own potential and to appreciate the potential of others.
- We strive to help children build a strong self-image and to be their own advocate.
- We value a diverse school community in which students work cooperatively
- We reach out to embrace the local and global communities believing that each person can make a difference in the world.
- Meeting for Worship encourages spiritual and personal growth in a centered atmosphere.
Greenwood Friends School accepts children without regard to race, gender sexual orientation, economic, social or religious background.
When Greenwood closes or has a delay, schedule changes are posted on local media. E-mail notification of early dismissals, delays and cancellations will be sent out by e-mail to all Greenwood families. If you would like to be included on this e-mail list please contact the office. Read below for more information about delays and cancellations, including which Radio and TV stations will broadcast the announcement.
Follow this link to download application materials and to see the checklist for the Greenwood Friends School application/enrollment process for elementary and middle school students.
Follow this link to download application materials and to see the checklist for the Greenwood Friends School application/enrollment process for preschool students.
Free transportation provided from the following school districts:
Bloomsburg, Central Columbia, Millville, Benton, Danville, East Lycoming, Muncy, and Warrior Run.
Other school districts served:
Southern Columbia, Berwick, Hazleton, Northwest, and Sullivan County
Tuition rates for 2021-2022
Greenwood strives to be accessible to students from families of any income level. Generous financial aid based on need is offered to all who apply by March 1 of the preceding school year.
Tuition covers about 50 percent of the cost of educating a student at Greenwood Friends. Tuition income is supplemented by an Annual Giving campaign, parent-assisted fundraisers, grants from Quaker organizations and other sources, Pennsylvania’s EITC program, and help from the school’s endowment fund.
At the preschool level, tuition is calculated per weekly attendance (2-day, 3-day or 5-day programs). For students K-8, tuition is an annual charge. For families with more than one child above preschool, a $1000 sibling discount is offered for all but the first child.
The school seeks to assure the presence of children from all backgrounds and income levels. We offer need-based tuition assistance beginning at the kindergarten level and encourage any family for whom tuition is a burden to apply for financial aid.
Financial aid applications are managed by TADS. Click here to go to the TADS website to submit an application.